Our employment team specialise in Business Immigration law, allowing you to recruit the right person for the job.
Across all sectors, the need to relocate or recruit foreign workers into UK-based positions is becoming greater. Increasingly, businesses are widening their search and recruitment
activities across the globe in an effort to ensure they attract the very best talent available. However, the UK Immigration Rules are strict, complex and ever-changing. This means
that employers face many hurdles when recruiting from overseas. They need to navigate employment legislation, the risk of discrimination, visa requirements and the rules which
prevent illegal working.
We can provide regular updates and training on the Immigration Rules. We can also train key personnel within your organisation on how to conduct “right to work” checks, how to
keep proper records and how to implement the necessary policies and procedures.
Our business immigration specialists can carry out immigration workplace audits which
are essential in ensuring that your business complies fully with the Immigration Rules and avoids illegal working. We will look at how you fulfil your sponsorship duties and we
will benchmark your policies and procedures against Home Office standards. We will then provide appropriate feedback and recommendations.
Our business immigration experience includes:
- Checking documents to support visa applications, applications for extensions and applications for indefinite leave to remain#
- Advising on the prevention of illegal working
- Assessing the corporate immigration risks posed by disposals, mergers, acquisitions or restructures
- Assessing the risks arising from the recruitment and dismissal of foreign nationals
- Conducting workplace immigration audits
- Delivering best practice training and legal updates for recruitment and HR professionals.
- Securing, maintaining and renewing sponsorship licences for skilled and temporary workers – Tier 2 and Tier 5
- Advising entrepreneurs and investors – Tier 1
- Advising on sponsorship duties (including document and recordkeeping and HR practice)
- Assisting with Certificates of Sponsorship